Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty that involves restoration, reconstruction, or alteration of human body. There are two types of classification.
Reconstructive surgery- it is done to improve the functionality of the body part or to restore it in case it gets damaged due to some accident.
Cosmetic surgery- it is done to improve the aesthetic of the body
There is wide range of advance plastic and cosmetic surgical procedures, the following are a few to name.
- Abdominoplasty – reshaping and firming of the abdomen
- Blepharoplasty – reshaping of upper/ lower eyelids
- Breast augmentations – augmenting the shape and size of the breast
- Reduction mammoplasty – reducing the shape and size of the breast
- Mastopexy lifting the shape and size of the breast
- Buttock lift: lifting, and tightening of the buttocks
- Lip enhancement: enlarging the lips to make it fuller
- Rhinoplasty – reshaping of the nose
- Otoplasty – reshaping of the ear
- Rhytidectomy – removing wrinkles and signs of aging from the face
- Cheek augmentation – lifting the cheek to look younger
- Brachioplasty- reducing excess skin and fat between from underarm
- Liposuction – Removing fat deposits by suction or ultrasonic technique