Rheumatology is the medical domain that deals with diagnosis, therapy, treatment and recovery of the conditions of a musculoskeletal system, autoimmune diseases, and heritable and congenital connective tissue and soft tissue diseases.
Rheumatologists address and treat Degenerative, Inflammatory and connective tissue diseases. They also address the injuries related to the tendons, ligaments capsules, bursae, stress fractures, muscles, nerve entrapment, vascular lesions, and ganglia.
Some of the most common rheumatic diseases that are
- Osteoarthritis – Most common arthritis disease, which destroys cartilage cushioning the bones and joints
- Rheumatoid arthritis- An autoimmune disorder. The immune system mistakenly damages soft tissue, causing inflammation
- Lupus -An autoimmune disorder leads to inflammation of joints, skin, kidneys, blood, lungs, heart, and brain.
- Gout- The deposit of uric acid in the joints
- Infectious arthritis- An infection caused arthritis due to unresolved diseases
- Bursitis-An inflammation that results in friction between bones
- Polymyalgia rheumatic It leads to pain and stiffness in muscles, tendons, ligaments, and tissues surrounding joints
- Spondylitis- A specific type of arthritis affecting the spine
- Tennis Elbow- A common condition among sportsperson. The tendons lose their functions due to an overload of repetitive actions.